RV salvage yards (or scrap yard, junkyard, whatever you want to call it) are another way to get rid of your RV or camper and maybe even make a little money from it.
How do I get rid of an old camper trailer?
8 Ways to Get Rid of Your Old Motorhome Or Camper Trailer
- 1: Sell Your Motorhome To A Scrap Yard.
- 2: Strip It Down Yourself And Part It Out.
- 3: Donate Your Motorhome For A Tax Break.
- 4: Selling Your Old Motorhome To A Private Party.
- 5: Convert It For A Lodging Property.
- 6: Sell It On Consignment Or Use It As A Trade-In.
How do I get rid of an unwanted camper?
There are a variety of ways you can dispose of your camper, even if it is no longer in working condition.
- Donate your camper to a charity. …
- Sell the camper for scrap. …
- List your old camper on a community website for sale. …
- Give your camper to a hunter or fisherman friend or acquaintance. …
- Haul the camper to the local dump.
How do I get rid of an old mobile home?
The Multiple Ways to Get Rid of a Mobile Home
- Sell It. Just like there are people who will pay to tow away a broken-down car, the same people exist in the world of mobile home salvage. …
- Donate It. Your eyesore can make a great gift to any number of charitable organizations. …
- Demolish It. …
- Deconstruct It.
How do you scrap a trailer?
Call all of the scrap dealers in your local area. You should check your local Yellow Pages under Scap Yards and do an Internet search for scrap yards in your area. Ask if they accept whole mobile homes for scrap. If they do you can simply bring your mobile home to the yard and have it scrapped.
Can you sell a mobile home for scrap?
Many times the only thing to do with your old mobile home is to sell it for scrap pieces. Metal can be salvaged from almost any part of your mobile home. Aluminum and copper are abundant in mobile homes and are always needed, making selling those metals easy.
How do you remove a mobile home from your property?
Call your local Solid Waste Department to find out if it removes mobile homes from private properties. In some localities, private property owners can have unwanted junk mobile homes removed from their properties for free by calling the county Solid Waste Department.
Does moving a mobile home damage it?
Mobile homes are an engineering marvel: they are the only form of housing that can go down the highway at 55 miles-per-hour. But even though they have this unique skill, transporting a 15,000 pound object down the interstate can frequently cause minor damage to the home by the time of its arrival.