How do you polish a fiberglass RV?
As Wade demonstrates, restoring fiberglass gel coat by hand is a four-step process:
- Apply product to a simple kitchen non-scratch scrub sponge.
- Work in the product (while wet) by hand (see product recommendations below video)
- Polish until you don’t feel any resistance.
- Wipe off excess with a clean, dry rag.
How do you get oxidation off fiberglass RV?
Steps to Remove Oxidation From RV Fiberglass
- Step 1: Wash with soapy water. When polishing, you need to work from a clean surface. …
- Step 2: Wet Sand, Compound, Polish. If you remember, earlier I said that you can use microfiber for the light to moderate cases of oxidation. …
- Step 3: Wax. Wax on, wax off, and repeat.
Should I wax my fiberglass RV?
Protect the fiberglass exterior.
Fiberglass is generally a long-lasting, durable material, but certain things like water and UV rays can cause some premature wear and tear as it ages. A wax layer with water and UV protection will help you prolong the life of the fiberglass and the paint above it.
How do you restore faded fiberglass?
Apply rubbing compound in circular motions directly on the oxidized areas, using a clean rag. Rub the rough oxidized areas until the gelcoat becomes smooth and begins to shine. Make sure you do not rub through the layer of gel coat and expose the fiberglass underneath. Rinse the surface clean and dry it with a towel.
Can you buff fiberglass RV?
Polishing Your RV Fiberglass to a Shine
PolyShine is labeled “easy to use” for a reason. To apply a polishing product like PolyShine, simply wipe the polish on and buff it off with a dedicated fiberglass buffer or a clean towel. … That’s especially useful for someone with a lot of RV fiberglass to handle.
What does fiberglass oxidation look like?
Fiberglass products for outdoor use, including boats and kayaks, may fade and discolor over time due to exposure to the elements. This process of oxidation, which is similar to rust on metal, takes the shine off the gelcoat top layer on fiberglass products, leaving a gritty residue.
What is the best wax for a fiberglass RV?
5 Best Fiberglass RV Waxes In 2021
- Best Overall: Thetford 32523 Premium RV Wax.
- Best For Easy Application: MEGUIAR’S M6332 Flagship RV Wax.
- Best For Oxidation Removal: MEGUIAR’S MG Fiberglass Oxidation Wax For RV.
- Best Budget-Friendly: Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax.
- Best For Restoring Shine: 3M Marine 09006 Wax For RV.
Can you use car wax on fiberglass?
The simple answer is yes, you can! If your goal is to protect your boat or to make it more visually appealing, then car wax is something that you can use on your boat. If you are using a product that will not cause any oxidation, you will be fine.
Can I wash my RV with Dawn dish soap?
It is not recommended to wash your RV with Dawn dish soap as you may strip away your motorhome’s coating. Instead, use any car wash or RV wash products. A soft brush and a sponge are both good to clean your RV.