A School Bus Driver, or Bus Driver, is in charge of s providing safe transport for school children based on a schedule and route. Their duties include helping students board the bus, learning which students take their route and planning around traffic during trips.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a bus driver?
Bus Driver Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive safely along designated routes.
- Obey traffic laws, safety procedures, and transit regulations.
- Pick up and drop off passengers at designated locations.
- Follow a specific timetable while on duty.
- Assist passengers with disabilities to get on the bus.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a driver?
Driver responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions and managing payments. Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients depend on us for their transportation needs.
What is the description of a bus driver?
Responsible for transporting people from one place to another for work, errands, school, or other reasons. Takes fares from passengers, issues receipts, announces routes, and ensures passengers get out safely.
What skills do you need to be a school bus driver?
Employers prefer to hire bus drivers who have:
- good customer service skills.
- experience dealing with the public.
- experience driving larger vehicles.
- emergency first aid certification.
- a clear driving record.
What skills do bus drivers need?
Bus drivers should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Customer-service skills. Bus drivers regularly interact with passengers and must be courteous and helpful.
- Hand-eye coordination. …
- Hearing ability. …
- Patience. …
- Physical health. …
- Visual ability.
What four ethics should a school bus driver follow?
School Bus Safety tips for school bus drivers
- Usually drivers follow a strict time schedule, but under no circumstances safety should be sacrificed to maintain schedule.
- The driver should be well aware that he represents the school so he must display a clean personality with good behavior.
What are the 3 responsibilities of a driver?
You have to drive safely, obey the traffic laws, and respect the rights of other drivers. Not only should you concentrate on your own driving, you should also be well aware of the other vehicles around you.
What qualities make a good driver?
Here are some of the qualities of a good driver, check how many do you have.
- Skilled. One of the most important qualities of a good driver is that he or she should be skilled enough to handle any situation on the road. …
- Knowledge. …
- Self Discipline. …
- Patience. …
- Alertness. …
- Mechanical Skills. …
- Responsible. …
- Enough Practise.
What skills do you need to be a driver?
Driving skills can include strong knowledge of traffic laws, maintenance knowledge and problem-solving skills. Many drivers obtain these skills from education, on-the-job training or they may naturally develop them.
What is the role of a school driver?
School Bus Driver duties and responsibilities
Transport children and other passengers to and from school. Obey all traffic laws. Maintain a clean and mechanically sound bus at all times. … Discipline children as needed to maintain a safe environment.
How do I become a school bus driver?
How to become a school bus driver
- Completing high school. …
- Getting a commercial driver’s license. …
- Completing training. …
- Getting hired. …
- Maintain license: Drivers will need to pass physical exams every two years to maintain a license to drive a school bus.
Is being a school bus driver a good job?
Good Paying Job.
A career in the bus driving industry can mean making up to $44,000 per year. Extra earning opportunities are usually available as well. There are also several opportunities to pick up extra hours, as well as receive employee benefits from the school.
How do bus drivers help us?
School bus drivers manage the task of picking up of students from stops and dropping them off at school. They also transport students and faculty to field trips or sporting events. … They hold a very important responsibility of safe transportation of the students.